As with the previous list on Forbes of Singapore's richest families and individuals
Now the list of America's richest is out...
Want to know the names, net worth, age and the source of how the rich got wealthy?
Here is the top ten...
Top 10 richest americans
- Bill Gates, $54 Billion, 54, Microsoft
- Warren Buffett, $45 Billion, 80, Berkshire Hathaway
- Larry Ellison, $27 Billion, 66, Oracle
- Christy Walton, $24 Billion, 55, Walmart
- Charles Koch, $21.5 Billion, 74, Manufacturing and Energy
- Davic Koch, $21.5 Billion, 70, Manufacturing and Energy
- Jim Walton, $20.1 Billion, 62, Walmart
- Alice Walton, $20 Billion, 61, Walmart
- S.Robson Walton, $19.7 Billion, Walmart
- Michael Bloomberg, $18 Billion, Bloomberg
The main difference between America and Singapore's rich and famous?
In Singapore, Real Estate is the main source of wealth for the wealthy.
In America, it seems technology (such as Microsoft, Google, Apple, Ebay) is the ticket to wealth.
What really amazed me is the Walton Family of Walmart fame.
After his demise, Sam Walton (the founder of Walmart) left behind a fortune and inheritance huge enough for four Waltons to be on the top 10 list of America's Richest!!
How rich is that!
Read more about the complete list of the Forbes 400 America's Richest